Wells Plugging & Abandonment (P&A)
RESL has access to unrivaled experience in planning and execution of well abandonment including involvement in North Sea, U.S., South East Asia, Australia, West Africa and Brazil. Our personnel have been responsible for abandoning onshore wells and offshore platform, subsea and exploration wells using a variety of techniques from the traditional drilling rig through rigless and workover spreads to lightweight subsea intervention. This includes the conceptual development and implementation of innovative tooling to reduce cost and technical risk.
- Law & regulation
- Review of data
- Well inventory classification and cost estimation
- Cost estimating methodology
- Detailed well programming and budgeting
- Tooling development and market entry
- Project execution and supervision
- Risking process
- Contracting strategy
Examples of RESL well plugging and abandonment work:
- Independent Assessment of ConocoPhillip's Bayu Undan Well Portfolio - Read more
- Independent Assessment of BP's Hod Well Portfolio
- Independent Assessment of BP's Southern North Sea Decommissioning Portfolio
Please contact us if you would like to learn more about our well abandonment services, we are here to help you avoid costly mistakes made in the past and to help you achieving cost reductions in well P&A projects.