Decommissioning subsea facilities poses a wide range of challenges driven by regulator requirements, water depth, design and condition of the facilities and asset availability. With the range of activities and tooling commonly required, the cost effective approach can often involve multiple mobilisations of a variety of resources. RESL’s experience ensures that these are planned and coordinated in an optimum way to get the best value from each spread of services.
Our scope of work can include:
- Development of removal, burial and/or disposal methods
- Interpretation of environmental legislation and liaison with regulators
- Development and execution of procurement strategies
- Coordination and optimisation of diving and ROV-based programmes
- Development of project specific tooling and solution provision
Examples of subsea decommissioning projects we have worked on;
- Complex subsea infrastructure tied back to the Alvheim FPSO for Marathon Oil in Norway - Read more
- Several subsea tie-backs to the FA Platform for PetroSA in South Africa - Read more
Please contact us if you would like to learn more about our subsea decommissioning services, we are here to help you avoid costly mistakes made in the past and to help you achieving cost reductions in decommissioning projects.