RESL Decommissioning & Well Abandonment Project History
Reverse Engineering Services Ltd (RESL) have worked exclusively with decommissioning of facilities, pipelines and wells – onshore, offshore and subsea, in the oil & gas industry worldwide over the last 25 years.
To date RESL has completed decommissioning work on over 870 facilities, more than 1,876 well P&A’s, numerous pipelines and subsea systems, over 22 FPSO & FSO facilities, over 40 onshore facilities for most of the major oil & gas companies worldwide. RESL has worked for major oil and gas operators around the world, including Australia, UK, Norway, Netherlands, Greece, Canada, Gulf of Mexico, Japan, Indonesia, India, South Africa, Thailand, Tanzania, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, Brazil, Australia, East Timor, New Zealand, West Coast & GOM USA, South Africa, Brunei, Myanmar and Malaysia etc.
RESL have carried out peer reviews of decommissioning projects, decommissioning studies, engineered the removal of offshore structures, cost analysis for decommissioning accruals, managed decommissioning technology development of joint industry projects, acted as expert witnesses in decommissioning cost disputes and been involved in the post decommissioning analysis of removals in the Gulf of Mexico and the North Sea. Many of previous RESL studies have included socioeconomic impact analyses, cost/benefit assessment and decision analysis methodology.
Example of RESL work:
- Writing decommissioning guidelines for the 10 ASCOPE countries in South East Asia; Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam - Read more
- Offshore well P&A study at Hod for BP Norway - Read more
- Onshore facilities decommissioning and well P&A study at Rajasthan & Mangala for Cairn India - Read more
- Decommissioning Engineering, Planning & Cost Estimate for Brae B Facilities for Marathon UK - Read more
- Developing decommissioning strategy including decommissioning portfolio study for PetroSA in South Africa - Read more
- Preparing Lawyers for negotiation with the US Department of the Interior, BOEMRE on the decommissioning costs & bonding for onshore facilities in California related to the Carpinteria field for Pacific Operators Offshore, Inc.
- Writing position paper on taxation guidelines for worldwide decommissioning in the extractive industries for United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
- Decommissioning and Well P&A training and workshop for the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) and seven other New Zealand government agencies and the Treasury.
- Decommissioning & Well P&A Training & Workshop for National Petroleum Authority (NPA) and Ghana National Petroleum Corporation.
- Decommissioning & Well P&A workshop and training course for Department of Mineral Fuels, Thailand.
- Decommissioning & Well P&A workshop prepared for the ANP & IBAMA Brazilian Government agencies.
- Facility Decommissioning & Well P&A Risk Process to control Engineering, Marine operations and Cost Workshop with Norwegian Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA) & Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD).
- Engineering Study to Develop AACE Class 4 Cost Estimates for 2 Platforms and Associated Subsea Pipelines for Chevron Indonesia.
- Decommissioning Engineering Study and Cost Estimate For All Offshore, Onshore & Subsea Assets Including Well Abandonment in SE Asia for Hess.
- Verification Of Conoco Phillips Worldwide Decommissioning ARO cost estimation process.
- Onshore and Offshore Asset Portfolio Cost Estimation Study for Portfolio of Australian Assets for Woodside.
- Independent Assessment of BP’s Southern North Sea Decommissioning Portfolio.
- Decommissioning Engineering, Planning & Cost Estimate for Alvheim FPSO and Subsea Tiebacks for Marathon Oil Norway.
- Taq Taq Field ARO Facilities and Wells Decommissioning Cost Estimates for Genel Energy in Iraqi Kurdistan
- Lu Feng Decommissioning Cost Estimate for Newfield in China
- Strategic Decommissioning Study to allow Brunei Shell Petroleum (BSP), Sarawak Shell Berhad (SSB) and Sabah Shell Petroleum Company (SSPC) to Quantify the Likely Long-term Business Impact of Decommissioning Activities.
- Markham Field Decommissioning Cost Estimate for LASMO in the Netherlands
- Multiple studies covering the decommissioning of Bongkot offshore facility for PTTEP in Thailand.
- Development of technical work programme for decommissioning of a multi-well subsea tieback field including 3 subsea templates and 8 pipelines/umbilicals for E.ON UK.
- Miller piece small decommissioning study for BP UK.
- Detailed decommissioning study for the North West Hutton platform including 5 volumes of reports and over 20,000 engineering hours for Amoco UK.
- Cost estimate, preparation & submission of the 2/4G decommissioning plan & environmental impact assessment for BP Norway.
- Attaka field decommissioning study to develop cost estimates and approval package to regulator for Chevron Indonesia.
- Detailed engineering, planning and cost estimate for Hogan & Houchin facilities for Pacific Operators Offshore, Inc in California, USA.