Brae B Facilities Decommissioning Study for Marathon UK
RESL completes 10-months Brae B facilities decommissioning study for Marathon Oil Decommissioning Services UK. In addition, RESL and Marathon entered into an ongoing master service agreement covering decommissioning.
The scope of work included a decommissioning assessment of Marathon Brae B platform and associated infrastructure:
- Main Brae B platform (Topsides, jacket, conductors) – 61,000 metric tonnes
- Flare Platform and Bridge
- 5 pipelines
- 2 power cables
- 26 wells
In order to address the scope of work as set forth in the scope of work, RESL created specific report sub-sections to address the following topics:
- Contracting Strategy
- Law & Regulation
- Review of Field Data
- Cost Estimating Methodology
- Well Abandonment
- Conductor Removal
- Reverse Installation (topside and jacket)
- Piece Small Topside Removal
- Pipeline & Subsea Infrastructure
- Summary of Cost Estimates
- Evaluation of contractors decommissioning proposals- on-going
- Peer Review of specialised decommissioning engineering & study work (heavy lift, marine operations, cutting etc.
Please contact us if you would like more information.